Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Here we go

Well this is my first of what I hope won't be to many stupid postings about a redneck family. I am not an English major nor ever plan to be one, so with that, if I miss punctuation and sorts...let it go. Ok, just a bit of  background, the neighbors we have to the left of us own a piece of property that stretches from the road to their house on the hill (approx. 2 acres). Well last summer they broke ground on the lower property right next to our house. First we thought it was going to be a dirt track for their 4 wheeler and 2 dirt bikes the kids love to ride for 3-4 hours EVERY day. But it wasn't...we were really happy for about 18 seconds. No, it was for a nice brand new 1964 single wide trailer. Everybody has to live somewhere, and I understand that. But this thing, I'll just have to post pics later. So here we are at recent day and about 7 months into this new exciting relationship, 2 parked cars (I think they are now considered storage containers), 1 broken section of our fence, numerous Save-A-Lot plastic bags, just a few arguments, and now we are down to ugly stares from across the property line.

So I get up this morning and venture out to the back porch, only to be met by the wonderful smell of burning plastic. And I thought to myself, I think this is day 2 of King Warthog Frog Face (a name I came up with after encountering the old man the first time, I mean his warts look like maroon skin bubbles, not quite a wart but bigger than skin tags) having his garbage meltdown. So I felt the need to call my local EMS number and report it for the second day, and for the second day got the same recording. So my wife left a very Yankee message..lol. So now we call the local EPA office, and they said there will be someone here within 3 business days. We will see.


3 comments:

  1. I am ridiculously excited about your blog. When you sell the movie rights, I want credit for the idea. Now tell us again what they think of tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, post pictures PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it should be "I am not an English major, nor do I ever plan to be one...." I was so distracted by that mistake that, I failed to read the rest of the sentence. I'm sure it was good though.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete